Acronyms - IT people use hundreds of them and ConfigMgr is no exception.

Here’s a list of 'em (that relate to ConfigMgr) that you will probably see in the posts and docs on this site

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ConfigMgr or SCCM - System Centre Configuration Manager, WSUS - Windows Server Update Service, OSD - Operating System Deployment, USMT - User State Migration Tool, DCM - Desired Configuration Management, MDM - Mobile Device Manager, NAP - Network Access Protection, DP - Distribution Point, SQL - Structured Query Language (Microsoft's in this case), RBA - Role Based Administration, CAS - Central Administration Site, BDP - Branch Distribution Point

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Long time no blog!
I have been ridiculously busy at my new post, 70+hrs a week busy.
I will however be adding bi-weekly updates or aide-memoirs from now on.
I am currently working for Leighton's on an SCCM 2007 and 2012 project with lots of complications, I am managing 5 separate SCCM environments across 2 domains and a single forest in an extremely unclean and unloved environment (not the Leighton's one)
All that said we are starting to wind down here so I am now looking around for my next role. If anyone has an SCCM role going for a senior SCCM and desktop consultant please email me at malcolm_spiller@iprimus.com.au
In fact if you have a job for 2 SCCM people one slightly less senior all the better. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment